Notes from Gitit ... Still working on the bread. I learnt a real easy bread recipe and upgraded it. Some of it I baked as is but the rest I filled with antipasti I made. The recipe goes like this:
2 cups of water
4 spoons oil/butter
5 spoons sugar
2 1/2 teas spoons salt
6 cups flour (u can mix whole wheat flour with regular bread flour)
3 tea spoons dry yeast
- Mix all together let it rise touch it a bit after doubled let it rise again and make the bread from it.
- What I did was: added sun flower seed to the dough (u can add whatever nuts/seads/spices u like).
The Antipasti bit
garlic, onion and sweet potato
- Some of it I baked as is but the rest I filled with anti-pasti I made. I baked in the oven garlic, onion and sweet potato (I wraped each on with tin foil).
- When they were soft I took them out and cut them nicely.
eggplant (cut it into thin slices)
- At the same time I sautéed an eggplant (cut it into thin slices)....
Bread from above
- After the dough was ready I kneed it to a rectangular shape,
- I spread olive tapenade on the bread
- on top of the tapenade in the middle only I organized the antipasti.
- I cut the margins of the dough diagonally in 2.5 cm gap from each side of the filling and then braided it. (I hope u can envision it...).
- Wrapped it with cling film and put in the fridge over night.
- Then took it out of the fridge and baked it like u would bake any other bread...
- It was delicious!!!
- Hope it all made sense..