Based on a nominally Spanish recipe by Anya von Bremzen. The main advantage of this dish is that it, being based on a pre-cooked chicken, can be prepared in 30 min.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup pitted prunes
1/2 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup pitted dried sour cherries
2 tablespoons pine nuts
10 cm strip of orange zest
10 cm strip of lemon zest
- Add to a heavy pan
- Cook over medium heat until fruit starts to brown (3-5 min)
1/2 cup port
1 small cinnamon stick
- Add to pan
- Cook until syrupy (about 5 min)
1 roast chicken (possibly store bought)
- Cut into eight pieces and set aside. .
- Reserve the juices and add to the pan with the fruit.
2/3 cup chicken stock
- Add to the pan.
- Bring to boil.
- Simmer until reduced (about 5 min).
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan.
- Turn the chicken pieces to coat thoroughly.
- Simmer until chicken heated through and sauce reduced further (about 10 min).