It was Rosh Hashanah again so we had to make something sweet ... very sweet.
4 chicken breast fillets
- Arrange in a dish
1 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoon orange ginger marmalade (St. Dalfour)
1 tablespoon root ginger, grated roughly
1/2 cup semi-dry white wine
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons orange liquor
- Mix and pour over the chicken.
- Marinate in the fridge for 8-10 hours.
- Remove from marinade
3/4 cup flour
- Flour chicken breasts on both sides.
vegetable oil (e.g. canola) for shallow frying
- Pour into a pan to 2 cm depth.
- Fry for 2 min each side.
- Transfer to a baking tray.
6 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into long wedges
- Arrange in a baking dish (not with the chicken)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (e.g. Canola)
3 big onions, halved and sliced
- Fry onion until golden
- Pour onion and oil over sweet potato
2 tablespoons Demerara brown sugar
- Sprinkle over the potato
1 small lemon, sliced with skin still on
- Add to dish
- Mix it all together.
- Bake at 190° C until soft and brown (~45 min)
- Remove from oven.
Chicken from above
- Bake at 190° C for 4 min
- Arrange potato on serving dish.
- Arrange chicken on top.
2 oranges, peeled and segmented
sugared orange peel