A simple approach is to combine cooked pasta with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. For a more interesting arrangement try Pleurotus and Pasta.
Pleurotus and Pasta (Steven Thomas)
I was at a bit of a loss when presented with a large box of Pleurotus mushrooms from my friend Bernard's farm. Here's what I did. The chunky pasta looks amazing, and it tastes good too. The recipe feeds me and my wife, i.e. 2. It is based on a recipe by Jamie Oliver.
250 grams of dried lasagne sheets
- Cook as per the instructions on the packet, which probably means 10 minutes in boiling, salty, oily water.
- Once cooked remove from water.
- Cut each sheet lengthways into 3 wide strips making particularly chunky pasta.
- Meanwhile ...
2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 cups other veges (courgette, Red pepper) cut in strips like the mushrooms
- toss round a hot frying pan a couple of times.
salt - a wee bit
3 - 4 cloves garlic, chopped
Chilli to taste
- Add to veges and fry for 3 - 4 minutes
- Remove from heat
1/4 - 1/2 cup grated cheese (parmesan or cheddar or something)
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 tablespoons chopped basil
1 tablespoon butter
- Mix with veges
- Add the pasta strips and ensure pasta is coated by sauce
- Season and serve