Software Development |
Ruby on Rails
The app:bootstrap rake task provides a command line menu to setup a rails app. The task does this:
- Create database.yml config file (unless you want to keep an existing one).
- Load Database Schema
- uses the same database for development and production. I'm not sure why
- uses a separate test database appending "_test" to the name of the dev/production database
- Setup the Application Database
- includes an optional step to load data. Blank by default
- clones the dev/production database to the test database
- check start of database_schema to see what it does
- Look up tmp:create
- where is auto_migrations applied?